Wednesday 30 October 2013

Then they came for me ....

Time to think carefully about what sort of country you wish to live in and what the UK really means:
  • DWP figures - 10,600 people died within six weeks of having benefits sanctioned under the new regulations. (FOI request for 2011-12)
  • Charities estimate 24,000 UK senior citizens will die, unnecessarily, this winter of hypothermia related conditions
  • Shelter say homelessness is expected to increase by 50% courtesy of the Excess Bedroom Penalty rules (aka Bedroom tax)
  • Of the all children living below the poverty line, half will be in inadequately heated homes
The DWP figures, alone, indicate an equivalent, unnecessary death rate related to IDS reworking of the 1934 Nuremburg Laws of around 1,000 UK citizens being put up against a wall and shot each week.

Maybe it is time to stop hand wringing, hiding behind the sofa, muttering 'Quhit can ye dae?' and start telling this Government and its Nu Blu Labour pals in Westminster - no more, not in our name, where ever you live in the UK.

First,they came for the unemployed;
I did not speak out,
I was not unemployed 


They came for the OAP's;
I did not speak out,
I was not an OAP.


They came for the homeless;
I did not speak out,
I was not homeless.


They came for the sick and disabled;
I did not speak out,
I was not sick or disabled.


Then they came for me -
There was no one left to speak for me.


(Apologies to Martin Niemoller)

No comments:

Post a Comment